Welcome to September!
I for one am looking forward to this month of September, I have got the Adidas Women’s Challenge 5k, my birthday, a holiday, the Nike Run to the Beat half marathon, and I go back to uni to begin my final year! Wow!
I have got a few goals for this month..
- To be able to complete 10 full press ups.
- I am going to try and cook a couple more new dishes. I tend to keep to the same repertoire of dishes, so need to break out! I’m going to try a few new sweet ideas as well.
- I have got to crack on with the uni work and get it done by the end of September.
- To complete the half marathon. I’d love to get a great time! But I’m going to concentrate on purely completing it this time because it is my first half marathon.
- To keep to a healthy eating routine as much as possible and see if I can get close to a six pack by the end of September! This will be fun to try 🙂
- I need to get used to the idea of living on a smaller budget again!
Here are some piccies from last night’s fireworks! I’m so lucky living in this town, there’s something on most nights along the seafront!
Breakfast today was a Sainsburys free-from breakfast muffin. Not bad! Quite crumbly though. Here is a piccie of a half eaten one!
Lunch was what I call eggy cups! 2 of these, 1 chicken wing with a salad.
Eggy Cups recipe, makes 12
- Bacon lardons or bacon rashers snipped up (can omit these if veggie)
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Sliced peppers
- Handful of spinach
- 7 eggs
Fry the lardons until brown/crispy, add the peppers and spinach and cook until slightly soft. Whisk the eggs in a jug with the crushed garlic, can add a dash of milk. Set out 12 silicone cake cases on a baking tray. Spoon the bacon and veg mix into silicone cases until evenly divided. Pour the eggy mix over the top of the mix in each case until evenly divided. Bake in a hot oven on approx 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until browned. Eat hot or cold. These also freeze brilliantly.
You can also use different mixes of veg as well, sometimes I use onions as well. Other times I have omitted the bacon and had no problem. I might try these another time with smoked salmon! Yum!
Going to have dinner in a bit and then veg out on the sofa! Hope you’ve had a great first day of September 🙂
Let me know what you think of the new design!!