Wednesday already huh? The bonus of having a 4 day week! AND the last day of August, crazy.
So a round up of August. In this post I set myself some goals for the month of August, and in all honesty I should have put this somewhere prominent to remind myself of these.
- I am going to try and cook a couple more new dishes. I tend to keep to the same repertoire of dishes, so need to break out! I’m going to try a few new sweet ideas as well– I can’t think if I did this or not? I don’t think I did, looking back. Ooops! Will roll this one on to September.
- I am going to crack on with my half marathon training and build up my running– I have been successful with this! I have managed to get up to 6 miles and all is going well. I have got my race T-shirt as well now so that will keep me focussed.
- I would like to develop my upper body strength and be able to aim for 10 full push ups by the end of August!!- I haven’t quite managed this, I had a period of time where I didn’t train due to being ill, but I can do 6!
- I have got some uni work that needs doing before I return so I’m going to aim to have half of this done by the end of August– Erm, I’ve enrolled, does this count?! I haven’t tackled any work, but I have sorted out the spare room where I do study and I have made a list of things that I need to do. I’ve got 1 month.
- I am going to make sure I try and stick to a proper routine with regards to food prep and exercise. I am going to write my plan up on the whiteboard in the kitchen and see if this helps. I know it seems as though I have it pretty sussed, I feel as though I could be a bit more prepared. It takes such a lot of time and effort to make sure foods and things are prepped!!- This was pretty successful! Writing everything on the whiteboard really helps. I’ve also found that I need to be batch cooking more.
- Finally, I’d like to be 10st by the end of August. I’m probably better off saying I want to lose X inches, I’m not overly fussed with numbers on the scales, and if I put on weight but lose inches then I’ll be happy with that, it’s just a starting point. And that’s less than 1lb a week so nothing drastic- I’m not 10st but haven’t gained anything so am still 10st 4lbs. I need to measure to see if I’ve lost any inches. Although, where I was ill I wasn’t training really. This is just a rolling goal anyway, I’ve already lost 1st 4lbs over the last year or so. It’ll come off soon enough!
I forgot to take a picture of my lunch and started munching it! So here’s a piccie of a half eaten lunch. Today was tuna salad, with spinach, peppadews, olives, cucumber, tomatoes.
Snack was celery and peanut butter, sounds odd but is very nice.
Fuelled with a protein shake before a 4 mile run, this was hard! My legs felt like lead, which I can only put down to last nights spinning which was tough. It was hard but I did it, I said to myself at half a mile I would turn round, then I would have done a mile. At half a mile I said to myself, just go to a mile then turn around, then I would have done 2 miles. At 1 mile I then said to myself I’ll just do 1 and a half miles then turn round, then I would have done 3 miles. In the end I just thought I’ve got this far I might as well do the 2 miles and then the 2 miles back. I went a different direction along the seafront tonight. It’s so good to be able to mix it up a bit more now as well. And loving my Garmin!!! I did 4 miles in 45 minutes and 32 seconds. I would have liked to have done it in 36-40 minutes but it’s all about getting the miles in my legs for the half now. I am booked in for next week’s spinning class but thinking about it, I’m going to cancel it. I’ve got my Adidas Women’s Challenge 5k a week on Sunday and I’d like to get close to 24:57 if I can! And tired legs from spinning ain’t gonna help me!!
Dinner was veggies and leftover roast chicken, stir fried in a tamari, ginger, peanut butter and honey sauce (this is lush by the way!!) served with cauliflower rice.
My race t-shirt for Nike Run to the Beat has arrived! 😀 what a cool purple colour- my favourite. It’s even got my race number already printed on it.
We have decided that we’re going to try and get away for a week in a couple of weeks time, around my birthday hopefully. Soooooo that means I’m gonna get bikini ready!!! Any tips for me? I’m not going to go mad because obviously I’ve only got a fortnight, but perhaps some little things I could do?
Cor, what a post!!! Hope you’ve had a good day. I’m off to watch fireworks on the seafront! 😀